Job Opening: Director of Communications -- Israel on Campus Coalition
The Israel on Campus Coalition (ICC) is a broad national network of students, faculty, campus professionals and community leaders who work to support and strengthen the position of Israel on campus.
The ICC is seeking a Director of Communications with a strong background in marketing, writing, graphic design, and digital media. This individual will oversee ICC publications, website design and content, media relations, and more. This is a full-time position in Washington, D.C., reporting to the Executive Director.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serve as ICC’s primary writer, editor, photographer, website manager, and graphic designer
- Produce and disseminate email newsletters for campus constituents and national partners
- Manage day-to-day media relations and cultivate relationships with relevant reporters and editors in Washington and on campuses across the United States
- Promote consistent ICC branding, marketing, use of the logo, and other communications standards
- Oversee design, content, and maintenance of the ICC website and social media platforms
- Advise ICC partners on best communications practices
Required education and experience:
- 4-6 years experience in a communications position
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree (English, communications, journalism, design, marketing, etc.) or equivalent experience working in deadline-driven writing environment
- Background in Israel engagement and passion for ICC’s work
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Experience developing a "voice” for an organization
- Familiarity with web design, layout and programming
- Practical knowledge of current and evolving trends in online marketing
- Familiarity with photo and video editing software
- An understanding of strategic communications and media relations
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. In addition, you are welcome and encouraged to attach a writing or design portfolio.