Do you thrive when juggling multiple projects simultaneously? Are you excellent at keeping track of data and helping others do the same? Are you a strong relationship builder and communicator? Do you seek to make others better organized? If so, apply for the role of Associate, Hillel’s Israel Action Program.
In this role, you’ll support the Israel Action Program (IAP) team as we develop and roll out proactive programs to foster Israel education and engagement on campus. Reporting to the IAP Director, this position will be an integral part of ensuring all Jewish students build a strong connection to Israel on campuses across North America.
The Israel Action Program Associate will work remotely or out of Hillel International’s Schusterman International Center in Washington, D.C. This is a non-exempt, full-time position and will start as soon as we find the right candidate.
What You’ll Own:
- Coordinate IAP grant applications, approvals and reporting
- Track IAP expenses and assist with financial reporting and auditing
- Support IAP team members in reporting metrics into appropriate databases and portals
- Manage logistics and track budgets for specialized IAP programs, including events and speaker tours
- Draft and edit communications for IAP leadership, including developing PowerPoint presentations
- Manage logistical tasks, including travel, scheduling, event planning and onboarding
What You’ll Bring to the Job:
- BA required with 1-3 years of relevant experience in operations, database management, grant-making, communications, or related aspects of non-profit or Jewish organizational life
- Operations and detail-oriented
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Flexible and able to quickly learn new programs and operations
- Basic budget tracking and experience with budget spreadsheets
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Ability to handle multiple projects tasks at the same time
- Understanding and interest in Israel programs is appreciated, but not required
What You’ll Get Out of It:
- Hillel offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, Group Supplemental Retirement Annuity (GSRA), pension plan, life insurance, Long Term Disability (LTD), Flexible Spending Plan, generous vacation/sick time, and parental leave
- Competitive salary in the non-profit marketplace. The range for this position is $45,000-$50,000
- Great professional development, mentoring, and skill building opportunities
What We’re About:
Hillel International, the largest Jewish campus and community-based organization in the world serving the college-age population, seeks to inspire every Jewish student to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel. Working with hundreds of thousands of students globally, Hillel serves students at more than 500 colleges, universities and communities. In addition to its presence on more than 450 North American campuses, Hillel works in more than 55 cities in Israel, the Former Soviet Union, Latin America, Australia, and the United Kingdom. Hillel meets all of these students during this most formative time of their lives and engages, educates and inspires these future leaders to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
About Hillel’s Charles and Lynn Schusterman International Center:
Hillel’s Charles and Lynn Schusterman International Center (SIC) which has multiple offices throughout the world including in Washington, D.C., San Francisco, Chicago, New York and Jerusalem, helps local Hillels in the areas of institutional advancement, strategic planning, leadership development, fundraising, talent, fiscal administration, student engagement and communications.
Deadline to Apply Friday, 9/17 at 9am ET
Hillel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all