Deputy National Outreach Director
Overview: The Deputy National Outreach Director works on ICC’s Outreach team, broadening the base of pro-Israel campus activists on key outreach campuses, including at Historically Black Colleges and Universities, Hispanic Serving Institutions, and Christian colleges. The Deputy National Outreach Director will report to the National Outreach Director and collaborate across departments at ICC. The Deputy National Outreach Director will work alongside a team to organize and execute programming to meet the needs of pro-Israel activists beyond the Jewish community and newcomers to the pro-Israel movement.
This role will involve identifying and developing personal relationships with student influentials and pro-Israel activists on key outreach campuses. The Deputy National Outreach Director will support student leaders to be successful in their on-campus activism efforts. This role will also take part in recruiting and organizing programs for the ICC National Leadership Summit and be involved in building and implementing the ICC Expansion Community Impact Fellowship program.
Duties, Responsibilities, and Functions
- Identify and build relationships with outreach campus leaders and activists at key Historically Black Colleges and Universities, Hispanic Serving Institutions, Christian colleges, and other identified constituencies.
- Educate students at outreach campuses about the US-Israel relationship and encourage their involvement in pro-Israel activism on campus, and participation in ICC events.
- Support ICC’s Regional Directors with engaging outreach constituencies on high-risk campuses
- Travel to outreach campuses as needed and attend conferences with politically minded students interested in foreign policy
- Recruit participants for ICC programs and partner programs.
- Assist the National Outreach Director with various departmental and organizational responsibilities
- Conduct advocacy planning consultations and troubleshoot issues with student leaders
- Manage and allocate a grant pool for student pro-Israel programming
Desired Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to cultivate strong personal relationships with diverse constituencies
- Ability to converse with strangers
- Familiarity with Israel and relevant outreach constituencies
- Practical knowledge of effective approaches to grassroots activism
- Experience recruiting for events and trips
- Experience with campus advocacy
- Leadership experience
- A creative, entrepreneurial, and open-minded temperament
- Previous peer-advising experience
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S.
Time Commitment: Full-Time
Compensation: Competitive with the private sector, commensurate with experience.
Benefits: A comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision insurance, generous paid time off (including Jewish and federal holidays), paid family leave, and 401k with match and profit sharing.
How To Apply: Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “ICC Deputy National Outreach Director.”