Tri-State Deputy Regional Director
Time Commitment: Full-Time
How To Apply: Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “ICC Deputy Regional Director.”
Compensation: Competitive with private sector, commensurate with experience.
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision insurance, generous paid time off (including Jewish and federal holidays), paid family leave, and 401k match and profit sharing.
- Flexible work environment located within the Tri-State region.
Overview: The Deputy Regional Director will be the primary staff member responsible for supporting the Regional Director in developing personal relationships with students and campus professionals and mobilizing activists on campuses in the region. The Deputy Regional Director will support the Regional Director in overseeing ICC’s Fellows in the region, provide strategic advice and troubleshooting services to students and campus professionals, and execute sophisticated grassroots mobilization campaigns to defeat anti-Israel initiatives on campus.
Duties, Responsibilities, and Functions:
- Support the Regional Director in building relationships with pro-Israel student leaders and campus professionals including, but not limited to:
- Hillel professionals
- Chabad rabbis and staff
- Partner organization field staff
- Key faculty members
- Support the Regional Director in working with ICC’s Fellows in the region to:
- Recruit student leaders from select campuses to apply for ICC’s Fellowship
- Guide them in achieving their objectives
- Mobilize Fellows as needed
- Facilitate connections between Fellows and the national network of pro-Israel organizations and resources
- Support the Regional Director in identifying and developing student leaders beyond the fellowship
- Support the Regional Director by executing sophisticated grassroots mobilization campaigns to defeat anti-Israel initiatives on campus
- Support the Regional Director in facilitating support and training for pro-Israel campus activists and supporters
- Support the Regional Director in conducting strategic consultations and troubleshooting issues with student leaders and campus professionals
- Support the Regional Director in managing and allocating a grant pool for student pro-Israel programming on campus
- Support the Regional Director in ensuring effective coordination and collaboration among national pro-Israel organizations
- Virtually connect with relevant stakeholders until public health conditions warrant travel to campuses
Desired Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years of related experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Practical knowledge of effective approaches to political strategy and grassroots activism
- A creative, entrepreneurial, and open-minded temperament
- Experience with campus advocacy
- Leadership experience
- Familiarity with Israel and the Jewish community
- Previous peer-advising experience (preferred)
- Experience working on a political campaign or in grassroots/community organizing (preferred)
- Applicant must be eligible to work in the U.S.