Director of DevelopmentA Wider Bridge
A Wider Bridge is seeking a passionate, organized, and motivated leader and change maker to serve as our new Director of Development. The ideal candidate is committed to A Wider Bridge’s mission of building LGBTQ and allied support for Israel and LGBTQ Israelis, with experience in the LGBTQ, Jewish, and pro-Israel fields. We are seeking candidates for this position who have a minimum of five years of development experience and an accomplished track record in non-profit fundraising strategies. Prior management experience encouraged. Candidates must be willing to travel across North America and to Israel for this position.
1. Fundraising Campaign
• Develop and implement the organization’s multi-tiered annual fundraising campaign, growing our list of supporters (foundations, major annual gifts, smaller gifts, and corporate and in-kind sponsorships)
• Coordinate and provide guidance for the AWB Team’s fundraising efforts.
• Partner with the Executive Director, Board Members, Metro Council Members, and lay leaders to cultivate organizational leadership.
• In partnership with the Executive Director, prospect and develop relationships with new and existing Jewish, LGBTQ, and pro-Israel foundations and institutional funders to expand our foundation support.
• Prepare and submit grant applications, reports, and letters of inquiry, and maintain the organization’s grant deadline calendar
3. Major Gifts
• Prospect, Steward and solicit major individual gifts in the Gesher Society (AWB club membership levels), with a direct focus on the Eastern States.
• Partner with the Western and Midwest States Director on the prospecting, stewarding, and solicitations of major gifts in the Western and Midwest states
• Recruit and steward Gesher Society prospects and members for A Wider Bridge Israel Missions
• Develop long-term growth plans for high-level supporters, including multi-year gifts and planned giving
4. Fundraising Events
• Curate fundraising events and implement related fundraising strategies across North America, including: A Wider Benefit San Francisco, A Wider Benefit New York (annual galas); Parlor meetings and house parties across the U.S. to raise funds and introduce A Wider Bridge to new potential supporters
5. Small Donor Campaigns
• Partner with the Communications Director to implement successful online fundraising campaigns on social media and mass email system (MailChimp)
• Partner with the Communications Director to create and distribute seasonal mass mailer campaigns
6. Development Operations
• CRM Software: Develop strong tracking and prospecting mechanisms in A Wider Bridge’s CRM software, and ensure CRM systems are properly utilized by AWB team members; Develop strong data collection systems to grow our database
• Oversee the Operations Manager’s day-to-day fundraising operations responsibilities: CRM data management — Tracking and processing pledges and gifts, sending acknowledgment emails and pledge invoices, Uploading mass contact lists and running reports as needed; Conduct prospecting research on potential supporters and funders
7. Community Relations
• In partnership with programs and development staff, develop and cultivate new and existing partnerships in the LGBTQ, pro-Israel, and Jewish communities
• Represent AWB in the community through speaking engagements, trainings, and panel discussions
• Represent AWB at partners’ community events
A Successful Candidate will:
• Approach work in a self-motivated way without need for close supervision, and with effective time management.
• Be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and keep them moving forward in a timely manner.
• Be well organized, with strong attention to detail, record-keeping, administrative tasks and follow-up on all aspects of a project.
• Be comfortable working in a small organization, be a good “team player” and demonstrate a willingness to “do whatever it takes to get the job done”.
• Have experience working with the communities and issues that are core to the work of A Wider Bridge: Jewish, LGBTQ and Israeli. Knowledge of Israel a plus.
• Be an effective networker and relationship builder, and demonstrate an ability to maintain organizational message, communicate with diplomacy and nuance and work successfully with people and organizations of varying viewpoints.
• Strong communication and storytelling skills, both oral and written, one on one and in public settings.
• Have the ability to develop and monitor a program budget.
• Available to travel and work occasional evenings and weekends.
• Demonstrate strong technical and computer skills, including Word, Excel, Mailchimp, Dropbox, and CRM systems, with ability to learn new programs.
• Have at least a B.A. or B.S. from an accredited four-year college program.
About A Wider Bridge
A Wider Bridge is the North American organization working through education, advocacy, relationship-building and grant-making to create equality in Israel by expanding LGBTQ inclusion in Israel, and equality for Israel by cultivating constructive engagement with Israel.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Rolling
FOR MORE INFORMATION: https://awiderbridge.org/director-of-development/
TO APPLY: Please submit your Resume or CV and a cover letter to Sheridan@awiderbridge.org