JNF on Campus Leadership Program
The JNF on Campus Leadership Program is for highly networked students from all over the United States who are passionate about Zionism and want to share it with their friends, classmates and communities. The Leadership Program trains, mentors, and supports extraordinary students as they play a critical role in recruiting and planning JNF on Campus’s two major programs: Alternative Break, and the JNF-USA College Summit.
Campus Leaders have the important role of building support for Israel in campus spaces guided by JNF-USA’s vision: To ensure a strong, vibrant future for the land and people of Israel. Every student they recruit, and every program they plan helps others connect to our land.
How Does it Work?
The Leadership Program has two tracks with multiple positions available:
Alternative Break: December 25th, 2023 – January 1st, 2024
Alternative Break Bus Chair:
There is one Chair per bus who works with JNF-USA staff in planning the itinerary and implementation of the trip, as well as with recruitment.
- Previous engagement with JNF and previous visit to Israel is a requirement as there are limited spots available.
- Must be available to meet regularly and speak publicly in front of a group. Should be a highly networked individual ready to recruit students to join!
- Chairs receive an automatic $500 discount in the fundraising required to go on Alternative Break. They also receive an extra $100 off for every 2 students recruited.
Alternative Break Recruiter:
A Break Recruiter will work with JNF-USA staff to recruit students to attend Alternative Break 2023.
- Responsibilities include attending all training meetings, recruiting students for the trip by working with Jewish partners on campus, posting on social media, sharing with friends etc.
- Recruiters receive a $100 discount in the fundraising required to go on Alternative Break for every two students recruited.
College Summit: November 30th – December 3rd, 2023 – Denver, Colorado
College Summit Chair:
There are two Chairs who work closely with JNF-USA staff to plan out the College Summit and manage the Committee.
- The Chairs have speaking roles and lead programs throughout the Summit.
- Previous engagement with JNF is a requirement as there are limited spots available.
- Responsibilities include leading Committee meetings, bringing strong ideas on speakers and programming to the table, recruiting networks from Campus to attend the conference, and overseeing the itinerary for the weekend.
- Chairs automatically receive a free ticket price and they will receive a $100 flight subsidy if they reach their recruitment goal as set by JNF-USA staff.
College Summit Committee Member:
Committee members will work under the chairs with the guidance of JNF-USA staff to recruit students from their networks to attend the Summit.
- The Committee meets regularly to plan out the Summit programming and recruitment process.
- Responsibilities include attending all training meetings, recruiting students for the Summit by working with Jewish partners on campus, posting on social media, sharing with friends etc.
- Committee members automatically receive a free ticket price and they will receive a $100 flight subsidy if they reach their recruitment goal as set by JNF-USA staff.
Complete applications need detailed answers, a polished resume, headshot, and two references, one of which must be a professional who can tell us about your involvement in the Jewish/pro-Israel space on your campus.
Leaders are selected through a competitive application and video interview process.
Leaders will be selected on a rolling basis; applications will close July 31st, 2023.
JNF-USA Campus Leaders are mentored by regional Israel Advocacy & Education staff.
Leaders receive training and impressive experience to add to their resumes.
Leaders receive compensation for their time based on their recruitment outcomes.
Applicants should be full-time students for the 2023-2024 academic year.
Applicants are required to currently hold or have previously held a leadership role in a Jewish or pro-Israel organization.
Alumni of Alexander Muss High School in Israel, Alternative Break, College Summit, Frontier Israel, or Roots Israel are encouraged to apply.
The deadline to apply is July 31 apply HERE
For more information, please contact Edden Dreiman, Director of Campus Affairs, at 323.964.1400 x968 or firstname.lastname@example.org.