CAMERA’s national office in Boston seeks an experienced, dynamic development professional to join its growing team dedicated to defending the truth about Israel in the media and on campus. The ideal candidate is knowledgeable about the pro-Israel community, attuned to a strong team ethos, and eager to expand CAMERA’s global presence.
Responsibilities for the position include:
– Oversee and implement CAMERA’s vital development goals
– Identify, cultivate, solicit, and acknowledge major givers in Boston and the New England area
– Plan and implement a yearly calendar of development events aimed at recruitment and stewardship, including CAMERA’s annual gala
– Identify relevant foundations suited to CAMERA’s mission, write and submit grant applications for funding, and prepare timely follow-up reports
– Expand CAMERA’s Boston advisory board and organize regular meetings
Requirements for the position include:
– Minimum 5 years experience in development
– Strong background in prospect identification and donor cultivation, stewardship and solicitation
– Knowledge of planned giving, direct mail, and other development/giving options
– Strong organizational, management, and interpersonal skills
– Excellent writing and public speaking skills
– Experience in grant-writing and ability to meet deadlines
– Experience with Eventbrite, Mailchimp, Excel, and non-profit donor database technology
– Experience working with communications, graphics, printing, and mailing professionals
– Familiarity with the pro-Israel community, its key organizations, leaders and supporters, is helpful, but not required
– A strong understanding of and commitment to CAMERA’s mission
Salary is competitive and will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Send resume, cover letter, and a writing sample to email@example.com. No phone calls please. Email subject line: New England Development Director.