Israel on Campus Coalition
Last updated: June 13, 2021
- “ICC” refers to Israel on Campus Coalition, PO Box 34640 Washington, D.C. 20043.
- “Cookies” are small files that are placed on your computer, mobile device, or any other device by a website, containing the details of your browsing history on that website, among its many uses.
- “Jurisdiction” refers to the District Of Columbia, United States of America.
- “Device” means any device that can access the Website, such as a computer, a cellphone, or a digital tablet.
- “Personal Data” is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- “Service Provider” means any person or entity who processes Personal Data on behalf of ICC. Service Providers include third-party companies or individuals employed by ICC to maintain or operate the Website, perform Websites related to the Website, or assist ICC in analyzing how the Website is used.
- “Third-party Social Media Website” refers to any social media network or other similar internet Website through which a user can log in or create an account.
- “Usage Data” refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Website or from the Website infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- “Website” refers to the Israel on Campus Coalition website, accessible from https://israelcc.org/.
- “You” means the individual accessing or using the Website, or ICC, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Website, as applicable.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While using our Website, we may ask you to provide us with Personal Data that can be used to contact or identify you. Personal Data may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Usage Data
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Website.
Usage Data may include information such as your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g., IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access the Website by or through a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Website or access the Website by or through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash Cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences or your activity on our Website. Flash Cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as those used for Browser Cookies. For more information on how you can delete Flash Cookies, please read “Where can I change the settings for disabling, or deleting local shared objects?” available at https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html#main_Where_can_I_change_the_settings_for_disabling__or_deleting_local_shared_objects_.
- Web Beacons. Certain sections of our Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit ICC, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a specific section and verifying system and server integrity).
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
We use both Session and Persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Necessary / Essential Cookies
Type: Session Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide you with access to the Website and enable you to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent or malicious use of the Website.
Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance Cookies
- Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
- Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices you make when you use the Website, such as remembering your language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience and avoid you having to re-enter your preferences every time you use the Website.
Use of Your Personal Data
ICC may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Website, including to monitor the usage of our Website.
- To contact you: To contact you by email, telephone, SMS, or other forms of electronic communication, regarding updates or informative communications related to the Website, including security updates.
- To provide you with news and general information about the Website.
- To manage your requests: To attend and manage your requests to us.
- For other purposes: We may use your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and evaluating and improving our Website, products, marketing, and user experience.
We may share your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Website and to contact You.
- With your consent: We may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
Retention of your Personal Data
ICC will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or improve our Website’s functionality, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for more extended periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at ICC’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those from your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, ICC may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g., a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
ICC may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation;
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company;
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Website;
- Protect the personal safety of users of the Website or the public;
- Protect against legal liability.
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of your Personal Data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While ICC strives to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, ICC cannot guarantee the absolute security of your Personal Data.
Our Website does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
If we need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your information and your country requires permission from a parent, we may require your parent’s consent before we collect and use that information.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for any third-party websites or the content thereof, privacy policies, or practices.
- By visiting this page on our website: https://israelcc.org/contact/